The Zoo Walk/Run 5K serves to promote an active and healthy lifestyle in the communities we serve and benefit the 100 Health & Wellness Fund.
All funds raised go to support the organizations health and wellness initiatives.
ABOUT THE 100
The 100 Black Men of South Florida, Inc. (100), is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization with a primary mission to improve the quality of life of our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for African- Americans and other minorities. Our four main initiatives which are called our Four the Future: are Education, Mentoring, Economic Empowerment, and Health & Wellness.
To learn more please visit: 100blackmensf.org
Event details and schedule
- Title: 100 Black Men of South Florida Zoo Walk/Run 5K
- Location: Zoo Miami – 12400 SW 152nd St, Miami, FL 33177
- Starts: Saturday, May 27, 2017 – 7:00 AM
- Ends: Saturday, May 27, 2017 – 11:00 AM
Onsite Registration Begins ..... 7:00 AM
5K Walk/Run Race Begins ...... 8:00 AM
Online Pre-Registration (ends Friday, May 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM):
- Zoo Walk/Run 5K (kids, ages 11 & over and adults) - $25.00
- Kids Dash (kids, ages 3-10) - $15.00
- Children, ages 2 & under - Free
Onsite Registration Day of Event:
- Zoo Walk/Run 5K (kids, ages 11 & over and adults) - $35.00
- Kids Dash (kids, ages 3-10) - $20.00
- Children, ages 2 & under - $5.00
What does each participate get?
All participants will receive complimentary Zoo Miami admission for the day, t-shirt, sponsorship goodies, and admission to our vendor fair.
Certified 5K Walk/Run
Timing and course managed by Split Second Timing
The 5K is for runners and walkers of all ages, however, it is expected that any participant in the 5K should be able to accomplish the necessary 3.1 miles in about 1 hour and 15 minutes (23 to 25-minute pace per mile).
Parents that wish to participate in the 5K and the Kids Dash may be able to do so. The Kids Dash will start about one hour after the 5K once the course is mostly clear. Parents will be asked to either escort children to the start line or wait for them at the finish line. For 2-5 year olds, one parent will be allowed to run with child if needed.
Kids Dash Distances
- 5 years & under - 25 yards
- 6-8 years - 35 yards
- 9-10 years - 100 yards